A quick Activation Guide of BMO MasterCard:
BMO also stands for Bank of Montreal which is a multinational financial group in Canada. It was founded in 1822. Presently it is headquartered in Ontario, Canada. The BMO Bank is the 4th largest Bank in Canada and the 10th largest Bank in North America. Formally the BMO Bank was called the Montreal Bank which was established by a group of merchants. BMO Bank provides their customer a MasterCard with many benefits it has also developed and secure web portal to activate the MasterCard so that the customer of BMO Bank can enjoy online banking. If you got your new MasterCard from the BMO Bank then you will be excited to activate the MasterCard. In this guide, we have provided all the details of the BMO MasterCard activation process.
Features of BMO MasterCard:
- The BMO MasterCard comprises additional features that help the customer for performing hassle-free online transactions.
- Using your BMO MasterCard you can shop online and offline.
- You can perform contactless payments for purchases up to $100. For making such purchases you don’t need to insert the card or enter the PIN.
- You can pay recurring bills using your BMO MasterCard.
- You can withdraw cash from BMO ATM anywhere in Canada.
- BMO MasterCard users can enroll in direct deposits and order online checks.
- The transactions made with your BMO MasterCard will result in Canadian Dollars only.
The registration process for BMO MasterCard:
To access the online services offered by BMO Bank and to perform an online transaction using your BMO MasterCard you have to register your BMO account online. To initiate the registration process you need to follow the steps given below –
- Visit the BMO Bank of Montreal online portal. Type the URL: www.bmo.com in your URL locator.
- You will be directed to the online banking portal of BMO Bank.
- Scroll down to the right side of the web page and click on the option register online.
- On the next page click on the next button highlighted in blue color.
- Now you have to enter your 16 digit BMO MasterCard number in the first space carefully.
- Then enter your phone number linked with your BMO MasterCard in the second space.
- In the next step hit the verify button to check your identity.
- After successful verification, you will be allowed to create a new password for your BMO MasterCard online account.
- Then you have to set up some security questions for your online account safety purpose.
- After completing all these steps you will be able to register your BMO MasterCard online account successfully.
Steps to activate your BMO MasterCard online:
Once you have registered for an online account you will be able to activate your BMO MasterCard by following the steps below –
- You need to open the BMO online banking portal by pasting the URL bmo.com/activate
- After landing on the BMO Banking portal scroll down to the sign-in area.
- Type your 16 digit BMO MasterCard number carefully in the blank field.
- Then type Expiration date, the enter security code.
- We recommend you to click on the remember my card option if you are browsing through your personal device.
- Then enter your password and press the continue tab.
- Sign in with your BMO MasterCard to activate it.
How to reset a new password for your BMO online account?
- Open the Banking portal of BMO Bank of Montreal.
- Scroll down below to the login section where you will notice a link “forgot your password” below the password field. Click on the link.
- Input your 16 digit BMO MasterCard number and your phone number linked with your MasterCard account.
- Press the continue button and follow the onscreen prompts to reset a new password for your BMO account.
How to activate BMO MasterCard via phone?
You can also activate your BMO credit card via phone. If you want to activate your BMO MasterCard over the call then dial 1-800-263-2263 to connect with the BMO Bank representative. Follow the instructions you got over the call to activate your card instantly. If you are facing a problem with the above number then you can also try this alternative number which is 1-866-859-2089.
Contact information of BMO Banking service:
Online Banking Customer support: 1-877-225-5266
Email address: TPSUS.HelpDesk@bmo.com