How to Log In for SMUD Account :
Sacramento Municipal Utility District is popularly abbreviated as SMUD. It is one of the biggest publicly owned utilities in the United States.
In the year March 1946, Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD) began its operations by the order of the California Supreme Court. Since then, the organization has helped the community by providing power supply for the region’s explosive growth, met the challenges of the energy crisis & became a countrywide leader in green energy and conservation.
During the COVID-19 pandemic in late February 2020, SMUD immediately implemented precautionary safety measures by closing all its administrative & operative buildings to the public and shifted about more than 2,000 employees to remote work from home. The organization is building a smart grid to operate more efficiently and give their customers a better choice in the way to utilize energy.
SMUD offers the lowest electricity rates in Sacramento, USA. The organization has a trained workforce of over 2260 employees & serving more than 1.5 million customers. You can easily pay your monthly SMUD bills going online or in person. There are 3 (three) choices, in case you want to make your bill payment online, you can simply Sign In & choose your convenient payment options like through your energy consumption choices, or make payment as a guest (a one-time payment without logging in) or select auto pay (a set up for automatic & recurring payments).
Alternatively, you can also make your payment through phone, e-mail, in person, electronic funds transfer, bank bill pay, etc.
How to Log In for SMUD Account:
To Log In for Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD) online account, go through the underneath steps:
- Visit the online official website of SMUD.
- You can also directly click on the link given www.smud.org
- On the landing page of the website, tap on the SIGN IN link, or go to the myaccount.smud.org page.
- Then on the pop-up window under the “My Account Sign In” heading, enter your “User ID” and “Password”.
- And lastly, tap on the “Sign In” button below, to access your online account.
How to get Register for SMUD Online Account:
To get Register for SMUD Account, follow through these below guidelines:
- Move on to the “My Account Sign In” head pop up window, following the Log In process.
- Here you can easily find the “Register” link to click on.
- On the next deferred page, under the “My Account Registration” heading, put down your “Account Number” & “Social Security Number” (Last 4-Digits of SSN) or “Tax ID” or “Access Code”, etc.
- Now tap on the “NEXT” button below and follow through the on-screen guided process to get registered.
How to Recover or Reset your forgotten User ID or Password for SMUD Online Account:
To Recover or Reset your forgotten User ID or Password for SMUD Online Account, read out these below instructions carefully:
- Go to the “My Account Sign In” heading pop-up window, following the login process given above.
- Here you can easily find the “Forgot User ID” and “Forgot Password” options, you can click either link as per your requirement.
- Tapping the “Forgot User ID” option you will land on the next page.
- Hereunder the “User ID Recovery” head, put down your “E-mail Address” and tap on the “E-mail me Instructions” button to retrieve your SMUD online User ID.
- Alternatively, by tapping on the “Forgot Password” tab, you will be referred to on the next page.
- Here, on the webpage under the “Password Recovery” heading put down your “User ID” carefully.
- And after pressing the “SEND” button below, you will receive an e-mail along with guidelines to reset your password.
Please Note: If you face any problem, feel free to contact the SMUD Customer Care Services at the following numbers: For Residential Customers (English) call 1 -888 -742 -7683, Residential Customers (Espanol) call 1 -866 -651 -4420, Business Customers call 1 -877 -622 -7683. Customer E-mails & Phone services timings are Monday to Friday, 7 am to 7 pm and Business Office hours are Monday to Friday 8 am to 5 pm.
Availability of SMUD Customer Care Representative:
Customer Care Services for the following are available, from Monday to Friday, from 7 am to 7 pm:
- To set up your payment arrangements
- To stop or transfer your services
- For your Balance Inquiries
- To help you with your Bills
- For enrolling in payments & billing programs
SMUD Customer Service:
Head Office Address:
SMUD Headquarters Building,
Sacramento, California, USA
SMUD Customer Service Centre,
6301 S St,
Sacramento, CA 95817
(Business Offices: Monday to Friday, 8 am to 5 pm)
SMUD Mailing Address:
P. O. Box – 15830
Sacramento, CA 95852 -0830
SMUD Customer Service:
For Residential Customers (English) (Call): 1 -888 -742 -7683 (Business Hours are Monday to Friday, from 7 am to 7 pm)
For Residential Customers (Español) (Call): 1 -866 -651 -4420
For Business Customers (Call): 1 -877 -622 -7683
TTY Services for the Deaf & Hard of Hearing (Dial): 1 -916 -732 -6630, and after business hours (Dial): 1 -916 -732 -5596
To Report about Scammers E-mail (Call): 1 -877 -622 -7683
For Convenient Payments Option (Call): 1 -888 -742 -7683
To Report a Problem:
Outages (Call): 1 -888 -456 -7683
For Downed or Damaged Power Lines or Poles (Call): 1 -888 -456 -7683 or 911
To Report a Power Theft (Call): 1 -916 -732 -6594
For Graffiti on SMUD Equipment or Other Non-Emergency SMUD Facility Maintenance (Call): 1 -916 -732 -6043
(For Any Other Problems or Issues, please contact the recommend SMUD Toll – Free Residential Number provided above)
For Moving Power Connections (Call): 1 -888 -742 -7683
For Any Construction Services (Call): 1 -916 -732 -5700
Please Call before you Dig: To (811) or go online to www.Call811.com
For Energy Efficiency Equipment Loan Contacts:
(Business Office Hours are – Monday to Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM)
For Existing Loan Customers (Call): 1 -916 -732 -5081
For Information about a New Loan (Call): 1 -916 -732 -5472
For Any Questions about SMUD Energy Store:
For Information about Products, Shipping, and Returns (Call): 1 -844 -307 -0443
(OR), E-mail at: service@SMUDEnergyStore.com